💰 Price (in USD) for Join-in Group (Size 2-10 people): 248 US$/person.
Different from typical way of traveling in tour buses, Vietnam By Bike would like to offer this Best Mekong Delta Cycling tour 2 days for those who want an upclose look into the Mekong Delta. You will experience the Mekong People Daily Life which reveals the culture, their ways of thinking and exciting handicraft villages. You can find the most hospitable people with their door home always left open for your unexpected visit, which made you feel welcome.
This tour is top #2 in our best cycling tours in Vietnam:
- Cycling distance per day is flexible, based on your group abilities. Cycling Mekong is very flat & easy for most of travelers from 9 years old to 75 years old.
- Tour de Mekong Delta is a more than a holiday with many unique activities in LongAn, MyTho, CaiBe, VinhLong, CanTho for great discoveries.
- Numerous highlights you will collect en route are: beautiful cycling paths, lovely and friendly local people, fresh fruits picked from vine, endless rice paddies, green & flower foot tracks, local ferries, private boat trip to the largest CaiRang Floating Market, religious pagodas of Khmer, Chinese, Vietnamese..
Day 1: Saigon – TanAn – MyTho – CaiBe – VinhLong – CanTho.
You spend 1,5 hours driving to TanAn where you can start for the first feeling on your pedal Depart at 8am for Tan An where you fit your bike and pedal into the second biggest dragon fruits in Vietnam. You will be greeted by local farmers while biking along the paths and numerous villages with some stops for pictures at vermicelli workshop, visit Vinh Trang pagoda and having a local lunch en route.
In the afternoon, our experienced guide(s) will lead you one of 2 options which base on your group biking experience:
Option 1: Afterward, we board on motorized boat for lunch at the Mekong Riverside with Vietnamese delicious foods and take the horse-cart to the land of coconut in Ben Tre to learn how to make coconut candy. We then enjoy a sampan ride back to shore and tailor your afternoon riding from Cai Lay to Cai Be.
Option 2: Following your lunch, you will be transferred for Cai Lay cycling to Cai Be & onto Vinh Long on An Binh Island.
You finally Shuttle to Can Tho for overnight at Fortuneland Hotel or Similar Standard Hotel.
- Type of roads: Quiet, path, paved, easy.
- Meals: Lunch & dinner.
- 2 biking loops (loop 1 = 22km & Loop 2 = 30km).
Day 2: CanTho – Floating Market – DongBinh – TamBinh – Saigon.
We embark the boat trip in early morning to discover the bustling and vibrant floating market of Cai Rang – one of the last authentic floating markets in Indochina. We cruise further from the floating market into zig-zag canals around Can Tho to enjoy the tranquility and peaceful life along the river. Afterward, we mount our bike to continue our journey towards DongBinh into the lush green, jungle canopy and Khmer pagodas located in one of the most scenic areas in the Mekong Delta. It would be of big surprise and delight when our group is greeted and welcomed by a local family where lunch will be served. This is an unforgettable experience and a great way to end our Mekong Delta Tour 2 days with Vietnam By Bike. After lunch, you might want to take a shower at local home before the transfer back to Saigon, arriving around 5pm before the heavy traffic.
- Type of roads: Easy concrete path & paved.
- Meals: Breakfast & Lunch.
- 2 Biking Loops: Loop 1 = 15km & Loop 2 = 20km.
|Total Cycling Distance||95km km|
|Avg Distance/Day||45 km|
|Avg Climbing/Day||N/A m|
|flight_land||Fly In To||SGN Airport|
|flight_takeoff||Fly Out Of||SGN Airport|
|group||Group Size||2-10 Riders|
What to Pack with you ?
This is a Mekong Delta Cycling Tour 2 days for all kind of travelers, from amateur to professional cyclist. Vietnam By Bike team will tailor a route that suits your biking capacity. Although it is operated all year round, you still need to read what to bring as below:
- Necessary: Insect repellent, normal shoes, passport, tiny backpack, sunglasses.
- Unnecessary: Wide brim hat, camera, cleat shoes, cyclist clothes, gloves, pro-pedal.
- check Support comfortable A/C van.
- check Experienced/professional cycling guide.
- check Mtb Cannondale/Trek of 27.5″ wheel size with water cage & helmet.
- check 2 Lunches, 1 breakfast & 1 dinner at Vietnamese restaurant.
- check Water and fruit & snack.
- check Private boat trips & ferries.
- check Shared Twin/Double Room.
- close Travel insurance.
- close Any (inter)national flight.
- close Vietnam Visa (Surcharge 45 USD Visa & Fast Track).
- close Personal expenses.
- close Early Check-in (before 2PM) & Late Check-out (After 12AM).
- close Single Supplement 36 USD/person.
Pick Your Best Departure Date
21 October, 2019
|21 October, 2019||Available|
26 October, 2019
|26 October, 2019||Available|