- Mekong Delta has the area of 40.548,2 km², consist of 12 provinces & Can Tho is the biggest city. The population of 17,330,900 people and its multi-culture will attract you to cycle in specially.
- Our Mekong Cycling Routes: Saigon – Tan An – My Tho – Ben Tre – Tra Vinh – Tieu Can – Tra Met – Tra On – Vinh Long – Can Tho – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc – Tinh Bien – Cho Moi – Sa Dec – Cao Lanh – Xeo Quyt – Cai Be – Saigon.
- Vietnam By Bike® tailored this Best Mekong Bike Tour In Vietnam to enjoy the greatest resources in Vietnam as rice (47%), seafood farms (70%), fruits (81%)…
- Geography & Climate: This is a variety landscapes with a very flat lands, but it has 37 small mountains on the south-west which border with Cambodia where we only cycle nearby and enjoy the great panorama as your optional (discuss with our guide about that).
- We will pedal to the major distributary channels and rivers discharging into the East Sea (called Gulf Of Thailand Sea).
- Mekong Delta will be flooded by the year 2030 which base on the global warming news. It is now particularly susceptible to floods resulting from rises in the sea level and climate is changing in increasing soil salinity near the coastline. But for cycling tour, it is still one of the best choices in Vietnam and in year round with the average 27*C and flat condition will be good for all cyclists who want to be explored Mekong Delta in details by bicycle.
Program Of This Biking Tour:
- Day 1: Saigon – My Tho – Ben Tre – Tra Vinh.
- Day 2: Tra Vinh – Tieu Can – Tra Met – Vinh Long – Can Tho.
- Day 3: Can Tho – Cai Rang Floating Market – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc.
- Day 4: Chau Doc – Tra Su Forest – Cho Moi – Lai Vung – Sa Dec.
- Day 5: Sa Dec – Cao Lanh – Xeo Quyt – Cai Be – Saigon.
Inform Of Including:
- Quaranteed Departure With Mr Ut and Every Day With the minimum group of 2 people.
- Flexible distance for small group and/or fit on 290km (~180 miles) in total of this 5 day cycling.
- Start/end point: Ho Chi Minh City.
- Route Condition for cycling: concrete path, off-road, off-the-beaten-track, single track, trail, quiet & paved road, village’s road..
- A/C vehicle: 1 comfortable vehicle for group less than 5 cyclists, 2 vehicles for group more than 5 cyclists.
- Group Size: We set the best group size from 4 to 8 cyclists (we will let you know if our group have over 8 – it only has in a very high season).
- Cycling guide: Mr Ut will be your expert of this Mekong Cycling Tour 5 days with a good english speaking skill, enthusiastic, friendly, helpful, knowledgable and maintain bicycles, specially well organise.
- His team: cooperators as vehicle driver (and support driver) and his cycling guide’s friends are serving snacks, fruits, soft-drinks, cool/wet tissue..
- The right 3 star hotel as itinerary ( please send us your upgrading hotel’s standards).
- Top choice of local foods at our destinations with a well vietnamese’s cooking as mentioned in itinerary.
- Many entrance fees at the local workshops are included.
- Many private boat trips and local ferries are included the cost.
- Bicycle: bring your own bicycle with us *** (please read in excluded item).
- Belongings: packing your necessary things with you as you need such as: camera, sport shoes, helmet & water bottle, cycling short, passport, small backpack, repellent, gloves, sunglasses..
What are not included ?
- Bring your own bicycle (if not, please us your request to rent our Mtb Cannondale (helmet, water cage & bottle) 12USD per day.
- Any (inter)national flight.
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa in/out of Vietnam.
- Beverages in the meals’s restaurants.
- Personal Expenses did not mention in itinerary.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Tra Vinh:
Routine: Saigon – Tan An – My Tho – Ben Tre – Tra Vinh. After our team meet & pick you up at hotel/accommodation, we have an hour and a half to transfer to Tan An town to begin a morning ride. We see farmers will be working on the massive dragon & rice paddy fields, ride on paths through vegetable plantation and countryside villages along the way to My Tho. In the afternoon, beautiful and unique routes enable you to take time to ride on narrow paths, pass thatch houses, through coconut irrigation system, share space on small path with kids finished from schools. Then we follow a single track to Mekong River. We will drive you to Cuu Long hotel after a ferry crossing.
Day 2: Tra Vinh – Can Tho.
Routine: Tra Vinh – Tieu Can – Tra Met – Tra On – My Hoa – Can Tho. In the morning of your bicycle ride is biking on foot paths through ride fields. Many single tracks just enough for bicycles and mopeds as a system of country foot paths giving you wonder time crossing rice paddy fields which linking villages to villages from Tra Vinh to Tieu Can via Chau Thanh. These routes allow you to ride pass traditional villages of Khmer, most of people here still keep their own traditional way of living style. Thatch houses are still popular used and associated within Khmer communities in Mekong Delta’ Vietnam. On the way of biking, we will stop at some colorful Khmer Buddhist temples so you can see monks spraying and studying in their class at temple. Right here our bike guides will tell you the big difference between two branches of Buddhism. One is Mahayana and other is called Theravada. Your bike adventures in the afternoon á exploring mighty Mekong Delta, ride pass tropical fruit orchards and mingle with crowd on bike on islands of grapefruit, longan and orange and having funs as we spending time on small ferry boating on small bendy rivers to Island. Then we continue our adventures by cycling on paths along Mekong River to Binh Minh town. A 30 minutes transfer you to hotel for beers for beer !
Day 3: Can Tho – Chau Doc:
Routine: Can Tho – Cai Rang Floating Market – Thoi Lai – Co Do – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc. After you observing farmers exchanging farm products from boat to boat at lively floating market of Cai Rang, we will carry on our cycling adventure with a long day bicycling to Chau Doc. Today’ morning is to explore undiscovered countryside, pedal past bucolic settlements of networks of irrigation canal, we ride to Thai Lai then to Co Do. After lunch, we cycle past bucolic settlements and vibrant green rice paddies on wonderfully quiet track to Long Xuyen city. Enjoy an hour and half driving on A/C van to Chau Doc town.
Day 4: Chau Doc – Sa Dec:
Routine: Chau Doc – Tra Su Forest – Cho Moi – Dinh Yen – Sa Dec. In your morning’ bike adventure is to explore a low-land in Tinh Bien to Tra Su forest. The areas have yearly flooded in the wet season. Houses on stilts have seen in this land for a long time but most are not solid houses and built with local materials. First, we will have a 30 minutes motor boat ride to see birds, lotus with the big mat of green water ferns in between the floody cajuput trees. Secondly, we bike through Muslim villages, vegetable farms, rice paddy fields and passing many rice husking mills, brick factories. At last, a pleasure time for us to cycle tiny villages on islands, experience locals on Monastery and sharing the country road with local scooters going back from work, and kids ride bicycle home from school. Especially, the ride will take you through peaceful, seemingly undiscovered rural villages by river, also pass a hundred Sleeping Mat Village Dinh Yen and Boat Building Hometown with some single tracks in adventurely. Stay a night in none tourist city of Sa Dec.
Day 5: Sa Dec – Saigon.
Routine: Sa Dec – Cao Lanh – Xeo Quyt Base – Cai Be – Cai Lay – Saigon. After visiting a ancient Huynh Thuy Le house which has been famous for “The Lover Film” by Maguerite Duras Writer and then half an hour transfer by vehicle and take a ferry to Cao Lanh to rural Dist for beginning the ride, we start cycling on quite back roads to Xeo Quyt base in the morning. Then you will have sampan boat rowed into forest, stopping at some bunkers of Viet Cong, walk to communist leader’ bases before lunch. If time permitted, the ride will continue from Cai Be to Cai Lay. We ride on single track, cross many manmade canals by ferries, pedal on concrete paths by the river to high way 1A. We spend the rest on van/bus back to Saigon.
|Total Cycling Distance||195 km|
|Avg Distance/Day||45 km|
|Avg Climbing/Day||N/A m|
|flight_land||Fly In To||SGN Airport|
|flight_takeoff||Fly Out Of||SGN Airport|
|group||Group Size||2-10 Riders|
Show Serving Team
My name’s Ut – Owner of Vietnam By Bike®. I have been worked in professional cycling guide since 2006. I had run about a thousand Vietnam & Indochina cycle tours. I will be your expert & guide of this Mekong Bike Tour 5 days with My Team to show you the region of my hometown.
During the time I run the bicycling tours, I have been collected the best friends to be worked with me as most of the same my way of serving my clients such as: Mr Quang Master, Tuan Trieu, Thai, Cong…
Here are these Right Videos of this best Mekong Bike Tour 5 days with us.