Mekong Delta is also called Nine Dragon River Delta, particularly important culture of the South Vietnam. Complex canal system crisscrossed with green forests and islands that Mekong Delta has formed for the diverse ecosystem, unique scenery, fascinating. Cycling trip from Saigon to CanTho 02 days 1 night will bring you to the unique cultural identities. This is a popular tour for most of travellers. It will not much time but you have a chance to explore the top highlights in Delta of Mekong.
This beautiful Mekong trip will take you cycle through My Tho, Cai Lay, Cai Be, Vinh Long, Can Tho with a multiple attractions on the biking route as:
- Farms of jackfruits, durians, rambutan, longan, rice paddies & vegetables…
- Some big cultures will be changing at Chinese Town, Khmer ethnic group with a deep understanding Vietnamese Culture is created base on the water-life such as: floating market, boat trips, ferries,..
Which services are included ?
- Support comfortable A/C van.
- Experienced/professional cycling guide.
- Mtb Cannondale/Trek of 27.5″ wheel size with water cage & helmet.
- 2 Lunches, 1 breakfast & 1 dinner (for homestay option only).
- Water and fruit & snack.
- Private boat trips & ferries.
- Accommodation: 3* hotel/homestay.
- Mechanic applicable for group size above 5 persons.
- Luggage truck applicable for group size above 5 persons.
Which services are not included ?
- Travel insurance.
- Visa & any (inter)national flight.
- Personal expenses.
What to Pack with you ?
This is a cycling tour from Saigon to Can Tho 2 days for all kind of travelers, from amateur to professional cyclist. Vietnam By Bike team will tailor your ability exactly. And it will be served all year round, but you should read any request what you can bring with you:
- Necessary: Insect repellent, normal shoes, passport, tiny backpack, sunglasses.
- Unnecessary: Wide brim hat, camera, cleat shoes, cyclist clothes, gloves, pro-pedal.
Day 1 | Saigon - My Tho - CanTho
Depart at 8am for Tan An where you fit your bike and pedal into the second biggest dragon fruits in Vietnam. You will be greeting of local farmers while biking along the paths and numerous villages with some stops for pictures at vermicelli workshop, Vinh Trang pagoda. Afterward, we board on motorized boat for lunch at the Mekong Riverside with Vietnamese delicious foods and take the horse-cart to the land of coconut in Ben Tre that taste and learn coconut candy making process. We also enjoy a sampan to our final boat ride back on land and tailor your afternoon riding from Cai Lay to Cai Be and head to Can Tho for overnight at hotel.
Day 2 | Can Tho - Vinh Long - Saigon.
We embark the boat trip in early morning to discover the bustling and vibrant floating market of Cai Rang – one of the last authentic floating markets in Indochina and more cruising to the zig-zag canals around Can Tho. Afterward, we mount your bike under the lush green, jungle canopy and pagoda of Khmer in one of the most scenic areas in Mekong Delta. Locals will be greeting and serving you a honest lunch. Following your lunch, you might take a shower at local home and transfer to Saigon around 5pm before we stick in traffic. Cycling distance: 25 ~ 45km. Type of roads: Easy concrete path & paved. Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Important note: Cycling distance will depend on your group ability, we’d normally done about 35 ~ 70km per day in flexibly.
|Total Cycling Distance||95 km|
|Avg Distance/Day||45 km|
|Avg Climbing/Day||5 m|
|flight_land||Fly In To||SGN Airport.|
|flight_takeoff||Fly Out Of||SGN Airport.|
|group||Group Size||2-10 Riders|